Ph.D. Application Requirements
In order to be considered for assistantships, applicants are required to submit the following by January 1:
- Graduate School Application Form and Fee Payment (International students click here).
- UNOFFICIAL academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be included in your online application. Official transcripts will be required for those admitted to UGA. More information.
- Graduate Record Exam scores
- Three letters of recommendation – As part of the online application, you will need to furnish accurate email address information for individuals to provide three letters of recommendation. The link for the form will be electronically sent to your recommender while completing the online application.
- A letter of intent, outlining the reasons for the applicant’s interest in landscape architecture, historic preservation, and/or environmental planning, the relevance of previous education and experience, and the applicant’s aims and ambitions. The letter should include how the applicant found out about landscape architecture, historic preservation, and/or environmental planning as a potential field of study and work, why this is the right field for the applicant, and what kind of application or contribution within the field is anticipated. The letter of intent is also the applicant’s opportunity to provide any additional information that might help the faculty to evaluate the applicant fully and accurately.
- Although not required, admission interviews are recommended for all applicants within half a day’s traveling time of Athens. Interviews are strongly encouraged for all others who can arrange to travel to Athens. Interviews assist the school in evaluating applicants accurately, and applicants in selecting a school that can best meet their specific needs. Accommodations at the Georgia Center are available at a discount for prospective grad students. To arrange an interview, call 706-542-4720 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Depending on your background, portfolio may be required.
Applicants from foreign countries where English is not the native language are required in addition to submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores or the IELTS.
Send 1) test scores and 2) official transcripts from all institutions (required if admitted) to:
UGA Graduate School Admissions Office
210 South Jackson Street
Athens, Georgia 30602-4401
Matriculation in fall semester is encouraged; however, applications will be received throughout the year until spaces are filled. For mid-cycle application deadlines, refer to the Graduate School website http://grad.uga.edu/
Acceptance letter response required; a letter of acceptance from the graduate school does not guarantee your place in the Ph.D program. The applicant must indicate acceptance of the admissions offer in writing.