Alumni play an active role in the College of Environment and Design and the Historic Preservation program. Discover ways that you can stay connected to other MHP alumni, the program, and CED! Use the links below to jump to sections that interest you.
Read the Alumni Newsletter Fall 2017
Donate or Volunteer
How can alumni give back to CED and MHP?
- Donate to the MHP support fund here. This fund enables us to offer opportunities outside of the classroom or studio including guest lectures, student travel, and conference support. For more information on ways to make a donation to the MHP program, contact Jennifer Messer, Director of Development at (706) 542-4727 or email@example.com.
- To share internship opportunities or information about job openings, contact Donna Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to share your knowledge about working in the field of historic preservation with our students, contact Professor James Reap at email@example.com to discuss your interest.
How can alumni volunteer their time or services to help the MHP program?
- The MHP program, and the CED, is always looking for new opportunities to engage our students with the professional preservation community. The Center for Community Design and Preservation offers opportunities for students to engage with real-world preservation projects. If you have a project that you think would be beneficial to students of the MHP program, please contact Jennifer Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about how your project or expertise could best be utilized in a public service capacity.
- If you have any other questions or ideas about volunteering with the MHP program, contact Donna Gabriel at email@example.com.
Review Program Accomplishments
- Alumni of the UGA MHP program have gone on to have successful careers with a variety of organizations. Some of our former students have gone on to jobs with the National Trust of Great Britain and the United States, the National Park Service, various state historic preservation offices, regional planning agencies, county and city governments, local and statewide non-profit organizations, local Main Street programs, museums, and many other careers in the preservation field. If you’d like more information about the career achievements of MHP alumni, we encourage you to sign up for the MHP bi-annual newsletter. The newsletter’s “Alumni News” section contains all the new updates we receive about the careers of our former students. To sign up for the newsletter, please email Donna Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students and Faculty
- For the most up-to-date news about the accomplishments of MHP faculty and students please subscribe to the UGA MHP Alumni newsletter by emailing Donna Gabriel at email@example.com with your name and email information.
- The Alumni Newsletter Fall 2017 is out now.
Connect with other Alumni
- There are a variety of ways to stay in touch with your former MHP classmates. You may sign up to receive the bi-annual MHP newsletter by contacting Donna Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the newsletter you’ll receive updates on MHP alumni, as well information about the current happenings in the MHP program.
- If you’d like to become a member of the CED Alumni Association please email Jannifer Messer at email@example.com. The CED Alumni Association can keep you informed regarding upcoming alumni events and projects. We encourage you to attend the alumni events, such as the Annual Alumni Weekend held every spring, to catch up with old CED friends.
- For more information about CED Alumni Events please visit the Alumni Events page. Also keep in mind, that social media is a wonderful way to stay in touch with former MHPs. Visit the University of Georgia-SHPO Facebook page or join the UGA MHP LinkedIn group.