Student Film Competition
The CED Dean’s Advisory Council is excited to announce a Student Film Competition to promote the CED and help the College to continue to attract top students. First prize of $500. For details, rules, and timeline click the “for more information” button below.
Theme: “Why CE+D?”
An exciting and creative promotion on why a student would want to come to UGA to study in our programs, and why CED and its students are making a difference.
- The video will include students from ALL DISCIPLINES working on projects, in the field, or in studio, demonstrating the environment of the College.
- The video will be highly creative, innovative, and appeal to a wide audience of students from undergraduate to graduate, parents, alumni, etc.
- The video will be of high quality for viewing/audio, and appropriate for use as a promotional video for the Dean to take on the road for recruitment or donor/alumni relations.
- 3-6 minutes maximum
- YouTube supported file format: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV
- On a standard DVD or jump drive
This is the full award amount; whether individual or team effort.
April 15, 2013 at 5 p.m. – Video submissions are required in the Dean’s office at the Jackson Street Building.
April 16-19, 2013 – Videos are reviewed by the members of the Dean’s Council (composed of alumni and professionals). The top 3 are selected, and students notified on the 19th by 5 p.m.
April 22-May 3, 2013 – The top 3 videos are posted on a special CED YouTube site for voting/views. The video with the most YouTube hits/votes by May 3rd at 5 p.m., wins.
Award & Showing:
The winning video will be shown during Graduation to all students, parents, donors, alumni and guests. A UGA press release will go out about the video, with a link. A postcard about the video with link will be mailed to alumni and also be available for hand out at recruitment events. The video will also be a featured on the CED website all summer, and will be shown again at Convocation in the fall. The winning student(s) will be awarded their prize on or before May 5th.
Note: The top 3 videos will be retained by CED for consideration of use in other promotional areas, and will become the property of CED.