Landscape Architecture - Innovate, Create, Design, DO.
The simplest way to explain our major is that landscape architecture is the marriage of art and science. If you like being creative, getting lost in design/drawing, or making something "perfect," WE WANT YOU!
You will gain skills with:
- design basics (art)
- creativity, innovation, thinking outside the box
- site design (backyard scale to huge urban areas)
- historic preservation
- water resources - grading and drainage
- horticulture (plants!)
- humanities subjects like psychology, sociology, and anthropology
Almost everyone would probably recognize famous landscape architecture sites like:
- New York City’s High Line
- Chicago's Millenium Park or
- Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park.
But don't rule out a downtown square, local greenway trail, or even your own backyard. Green roofs, urban farms, corporate campuses— these are also examples of landscape architecture. Check out all of the amazing ways you can practice Landscape Architecture under the jump (topics include links to award winning designs of that type and more info). (ASLA.org)
- possible careers
- job titles
- and more current happenings in Landscape Architecture
please click below.
If you have been/are accepted to the University of Georgia and are interested in Landscape Architecture, WE WANT YOU. There are no additional requirements for admission to the Landscape Architecture major. Please click below for more!
The Office of Undergraduate Services is here to help with:
- Academic Advising
- Major Changes
- Educational and Career Goals/Resources
- Study Abroad
- Student Organizations and Service Opportunities
- Internships and Scholarships
Please click below for current student "need-to-know" info!
Program of Study
Please see the Bulletin for a complete listing of all LAND courses with descriptions.
REQUEST A BLA PACKAGE!
If you are thinking about attending UGA and majoring in Landscape Architecture - we would be happy to send you some information! Please click here to: request information from the BLA at UGA!
Read the BLA at UGA Blog.
Make an appointment with Rose or David.
Read the CED Undergraduate Handbook.
Take a class online.
Be an Honors student.
Get Exclusive CED Scholarships.
Connect with CED's Career Center rep, Kelley Whisnant, or contact David Spooner at email@example.com/ 706-542-0063.
Know CED Computer Specs.
- Bulletin - http://bulletin.uga.edu
- Registrar - http://www.reg.uga.edu/
- Career Center - http://www.career.uga.edu
- UGA Graduate School Webpage - http://www.grad.uga.edu
- Withdrawing from a Course - http://www.bulletin.uga.edu/Bulletin_Files/acad/general_Link.html
- Housing - http://housing.uga.edu/
- Managing Your Money - http://www.uga.edu/osfa/pfc
- Parking Services - http://www.parking.uga.edu
- Transit Systems (UGA Bus) - http://www.transit.uga.edu
- UGA Sports - http://www.georgiadogs.com/