Owens Library & Circle Gallery
The Owens Library, located in the Jackson Street Building at 285 South Jackson Street, holds material relevant to Landscape Architecture and Historic Preservation and the related fields. It is administratively separate from the UGA Libraries, and there is a separate catalog here at the Owens Library to search our holdings. Collections of architecture, landscape architecture, and historic preservation are exhibited at the Circle Gallery, accessed through the Owens Library.
102 Jackson Street Building
Built in 1857, the historic Greek Revival house with its adjacent kitchen building and smokehouse serve as a pivotal point for the Founders Memorial Garden. Originally built as a faculty residence, the Founders Garden House has served many University functions over the years which include housing the Department of Landscape Architecture during the 1940's and 1950's. The Garden Club of Georgia occupied the house as its state headquarters from 1963 to 1998.
325 S. Lumpkin Street