- CED Spotlight
In the News
- CED recognizes distinguished alumni, and outstanding faculty and students
- "Drawn from the Garden" Exhibit
- LABash 2013
- Student Film Competition
- Spring 2013 Events
- Fall 2012 Events
- CED Has Moved to Jackson Street!
- Alumnus Georgia Author of the Year
- Altamaha: A River and Its Keeper
- Going for the gold, LEED Gold that is
- Panel: The importance of social science, design, and planning when hard science is under attack
- Andrés Duany Lecture
- Jim R. Cothran, FASLA, adjunct professor, and author passes away
- Design Intelligence ranks UGA #1 in Sustainable Design Practice
- Jekyll Island Watercolor Exhibit
- Edward Daugherty Kicks off CED Lecture Series
- Historic Garden Structures & the Structure of Historic Gardens
- Dan Franklin Social
- Reading the Landscape at Stratford Hall
- CED Students Paddle for a Cause
- Grad School Features MHP Student
- David Alan Lewis
- Professor & Student Reconstruct Village
- Mid-Century Architecture Symposium
- Alumnus' Work to be Featured in Circle Gallery
- William Bartram's Georgia
- CED-Nanjing Exchange
- ABC's Extreme Makeover features Alumnus' Work
- Two CED Students Receive the Prestigious Gilman Study Abroad Scholarship
- Help Athens Land Trust win a $50,000 grant
- CED professors earn honors at CELA conference
- Courtyard named in honor of Robert J. Hill
- CED press clippings
- Six CED alumni included on list of top businesses
- Karen Phillips to speak in spring lecture series
- CED Alumni recognized for professional achievements
- Athens recognized as a distinctive historic destination
- MLA students create video inventory of community
- Dean Dan Nadenicek receives Outstanding Administrator Award
- CED receives top national rankings
- UGA Senior Receives Feighner Award
- Masters of Historic Preservation Students Receive Grant
- Daniel Nadenicek named dean of College of Environment and Design
- Student Publications
CED recognizes distinguished alumni, and outstanding faculty and students
For the first time in the history of the College of Environment and Design (CED), over $100,000 has been awarded in scholarships to its students. These scholarships were announced at the annual awards presentation during the College’s Annual Alumni Weekend. In addition, the College presented two awards for excellence to distinguished alumni Lucy Lawliss and Doug Allen, and three awards for outstanding teaching faculty. The 2013 Honors and Awards Presentation program took place on Saturday, April 6, at the Jackson Street Building.
CLICK HERE for a listing of scholarship winners and honorees. More information may also be found by clicking the “for more information” button below.
“Drawn from the Garden” Exhibit
This April the Circle Gallery at the UGA College of Environment and Design (CED) will host an exhibit of artwork created in preparation for the 75th Diamond Jubilee anniversary of the historic Founders Memorial Garden on the university’s North Campus. The competition, which was open to all UGA and area high school students, received 42 entries of original artwork. William Eiland, Director of the Georgia Museum of Art, served as juror and awarded first through third prizes and four honorable mentions. For further information and to find out how you can view the exhibit, click the “for more information” button below.
The University of Georgia College of Environment and Design (CED) will host LABash, a national student landscape architecture conference March 21-23. The conference will feature industry guest speakers, panel discussions, workshops, expos and social events. Click the “for more information” button below for futher details.
Student Film Competition
The CED Dean’s Advisory Council is excited to announce a Student Film Competition to promote the CED and help the College to continue to attract top students. First prize of $500. For details, rules, and timeline click the “for more information” button below.
Spring 2013 Events
We have a large number of events going on this semester here at CED. Click the “for more information” button for a listing of events for the spring semester, including the dates for the CEDAA Alumni Weekend & Reunion in the April. Please continue to check the CED Calendar as events will pop up throughout the semester.
Fall 2012 Events
We have a large number of events going on this semester here at CED. Click the “for more information” button for a listing of events for the fall semester and the dates for the CEDAA Alumni Weekend & Reunion in the spring. Please continue to check the CED Calendar as events will pop up throughout the semester.
CED Has Moved to Jackson Street!
As of Wednesday, August 1, 2012, some CED academics and services are now located in the new Environment & Design Building (EDB) and Bishop House, both located on Jackson Street. Click the “for more information” button below for details.
Alumnus Georgia Author of the Year
CED Alumnus Philip Juras is Georgia Author of the Year 2011, in the specialty books category for his publicaton, The Southern Frontier: Landscapes Inspired by Bartram’s Travels. Read more about Philip and his work by clicking the “for more informaton” button below.
Altamaha: A River and Its Keeper
CED faculty, and director of the Environmental Ethics Certificate Program (EECP), Dorinda Dallmeyer will be participating in two book-signings for her most recent publication. Click the “for more information” button below for more details.
Going for the gold, LEED Gold that is
CED’s new home on Jackson Street is “going for the gold” - gold LEED certificaton, that is. The renovated building will be one of the most energy- and water-efficient on UGA’s campus. Read the Athens Banner-Herald article HERE.