Make a difference in your world.
Begin your journey at the College of Environment + Design
Welcome! At CED, you will cultivate not only the skills needed to work as a professional designer and practitioner, but the individual passions you have to make a difference in your world.
We challenge you to:
- explore your unique, individual interests and creatively problem-solve contemporary issues, working with faculty to solve community issues in design charrettes.
- interact with clients, community organizations, and planning agencies.
- connect with a large and accomplished alumni network for growth and opportunities.
- network with and learn from our visiting professors, professionals, and lecturers, who are renowned designers in a broad range of career options.
We look forward to having you as part of our family.
- Our newest graduate program, Environmental Planning & Design, accepted its first students in the fall of 2009. It is a professional graduate program with an emphasis on a studio-based integrative planning process grounded in environmental and ecological principles.
- The Historic Preservation graduate program at CED is very highly regarded on a national level through the National Trust, and offers only one of two programs in the United States for a joint Juris Doctorate. The curriculum is recognized in Georgia as the first of it’s kind, with courses first offered in 1973, and its graduate program officially forming in 1982.
- Landscape Architecture – the combination of wise planning and artful design of the built environment – has been taught at UGA since 1928. The undergraduate program has been accredited by the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB) since 1952, as has the graduate program since 1983. Both programs consistently hold national rankings in the top 10 programs in the United States.