Master of Environmental Planning + Design (MEPD)Our newest graduate program, Environmental Planning + Design, accepted its first students in the fall of 2009. It is a professional program with an emphasis on a studio-based integrative planning process grounded in environmental and ecological principles.
Master of Historic Preservation (MHP)The Historic Preservation graduate program at CED is very highly regarded on a national level through the National Trust, and offers only one of two programs in the United States for a joint Juris Doctorate. The curriculum is recognized in Georgia as the first of it’s kind, with courses first offered in 1973, and its graduate program officially forming in 1982.
Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA)The CED Master of Landscape Architecture program instills in our students design fundamentals which are applied to contemporary problems. A studio-based curriculum prepares students for design challenges in professional practice or public service. Students have opportunities for community outreach and engagement in studios and elective courses.
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA)Landscape Architecture is the combination of wise planning and artful design of the built environment and has been taught at UGA since 1928. The undergraduate program has been accredited by the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB) since 1952 and consists of four years of studio-based curriculum with integrative supporting courses, a professional internship, and preparation for certification.
At CE+D, you will cultivate not only the skills you need to work as a professional designer or practitioner, but also the individual talent you have to make a difference in your world.
We will challenge you to:
- explore your unique, individual interests and creatively problem-solve contemporary issues, working with faculty to solve community issues in design charrettes
- interact with clients, community organizations, and planning agencies. We aim to connect you with a large and accomplished alumni network as much as possible.
- network with visiting professors, professionals, and lecturers during frequently and learn from renowned designers in a broad range of career options.
Noteworthy at CED in 2015-2016
- 2015-2016 scholarship awards resulted in $128,050 being distributed to our students!
- University of Georgia 2015 Olmsted Scholars are Erik Lauritsen (BLA) and Thomas Baker (MLA).
- Congrats to 2015 CED award winners Georgia Harrison Hall (CEDAA Distinguished Faculty), and Cari Goetcheus (Dean’s Award for Teaching)