2016-2017 Ambassadors. Front row left-to-right: Katie Sewell, Cecilia Probst, Brittany Thompson. Maureen Curtis, and Jenna Dotson. Back row left-to-right: Seth Bollinger, Tyler Newborn, Nick Parker, and Michael Bozeman.
CED Ambassadors assist with recruitment and activities to enhance the public and instructional image of the college, its students and its programs. They are:
- articulate and effective public speakers
- able and willing to present a professional appearance, behavior, and attitude at all times
- able to fulfill the ambassador responsibilities without jeopardizing academic standing
- familiar with the college and UGA and can effectively communicate on behalf of both
- enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing, dedicated, responsible and bring diversity to the group
- here to help. If you are thinking about the BLA and you’d like to talk to a current student about the major, your interests, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact them!
- Undergraduate, full-time student enrolled in the Landscape Architecture major with a 3.0 minimum GPA
- Have been enrolled in the college at least one full semester (and preferably one full academic year) when applications open and have at least two semesters (full academic year) before graduation
- Completed application form
- Two recommendations- Letters should be from UGA faculty members (CED or other departments) or qualified persons (high school teacher, pastor, supervisor, etc.) outside CED that are familiar with the your activities, academic performance, ability to communicate, and work ethic.
- All students that meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Opportunities to refine and expand presentation and communication skills, increase leadership potential, develop strong professional networks of students, faculty, alumni, and professionals in LA fields
- Get to know other BLA students, work together to increase camaraderie and develop relationships across all years of the BLA program
- Opportunities to build relationships with CED faculty, staff, and administration
- Possible opportunity to win limited number of travel scholarships to the National ASLA conference
- Opportunity to attend campus-wide events with undergraduate Ambassador groups from other schools/colleges at UGA
- Goodies! You will receive a CED shirt, CED nametag, and CED/BLA professional materials.
CED Ambassadors are directed by:
Coordinator of Undergraduate Services