2016-2017 Ambassadors. Front row left-to-right: Katie Sewell, Cecilia Probst, Brittany Thompson. Maureen Curtis, and Jenna Dotson. Back row left-to-right: Seth Bollinger, Tyler Newborn, Nick Parker, and Michael Bozeman.
Ambassadors Student Leader: Seth Bollinger, 3rd Year BLA
Advisor: Rose Tahash, Coordinator of Undergraduate Services
CED Ambassadors assist with recruitment and activities to enhance the public and instructional image of the college, its students and its programs. They are:
- articulate and effective public speakers
- able and willing to present a professional appearance, behavior, and attitude at all times
- able to fulfill the ambassador responsibilities without jeopardizing academic standing
- familiar with the college and UGA and can effectively communicate on behalf of both
- enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing, dedicated, responsible and bring diversity to the group
- here to help. If you are thinking about the BLA and you’d like to talk to a current student about the major, your interests, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact them!
- Opportunities to refine and expand presentation and communication skills, increase leadership potential, develop strong professional networks of students, faculty, alumni, and professionals in LA fields
- Get to know other BLA students, work together to increase camaraderie and develop relationships across all years of the BLA program
- Opportunities to build relationships with CED faculty, staff, and administration
- Possible opportunity to win limited number of travel scholarships to the National ASLA conference
- Opportunity to attend campus-wide events with undergraduate Ambassador groups from other schools/colleges at UGA
- Goodies! You will receive a CED shirt, CED nametag, and CED/BLA professional materials.