My background includes professional and academic experience in four allied disciplines that shape our built environment – architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and historic preservation. Prior to teaching at the University of Georgia, I worked for over twelve years at design firms in the United States and India.
MLA from the University of Georgia, BArch from Mumbai University
Specific Research Interest
Indian urbanization, water in urban design, graphic representation.
- Veneration of Water as Determinant of Riverfront Spatial Form. Poznan University of Technology, Poland.
• Planning for Health Amelioration: Analyzing Mumbai’s Urbanization Patterns ICUPRD Conference, Vienna, Austria.
• (Re) Discovering Lost Connections: Restoring the Relationship between City and Water. CELA-ISOMUL Conference, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
• Safeguarding the Sacred Ghats of Varanasi: Preservation and Conservation Strategies. UNESCO-ICCROM Conference, Macau.
• Sacralizing the Water’s Edge: The Landscape of the Ghats at Varanasi. IFLA Conference, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands.Honors and awards received:
• Research Travel Award, UGA President’s Venture Fund
• Outstanding Teacher Award, College of Environment + Design
• Outstanding Faculty Award, CE+D Alumni Association
• Award for Excellence in Research & Creative Works, Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture
• Best Paper Award, UNESCO-ICCROM Conference
• Writing Fellowship, UGA Center for Teaching and Learning
Urban design, international planning, architecture
145 Jackson Street Building
285 South Jackson Street
Athens, GA 30602